Kao Jai Fund Guidelines
+What Kind Of Projects Will The Kao Jai Fund Sponsor?
The Kao Jai Fund sponsors service/mission projects within the United States. Examples include, but are not limited to: week long service trips, participating in an environmental initiative, working in an orphanage, home repair projects.
+What Types Of Projects Will The Kao Jai Fund NOT Sponsor?
- Vacation travel
- Work abroad trips
- Study abroad university costs
- International work or internship
- All projects that are funded by The Kao Jai Fund must involve the participant giving back to the community where the project takes place in.
+What Are The Requirements For Receiving Support For My Project?
- Involve the participant actively in a local community
- Present a specific, detailed plan to The Kao Jai Fund team
- Document the project
- Submit final report of project
+What Types Of Expenses Does The Kao Jai Fund Cover?
- Sponsoring organization fees
- Transportation costs
- Living expenses not included in sponsoring organization fees
- Pre-approved special equipment necessary to complete the project
The amount of individual awards, as well as the percentage of project budget funded, will vary based on the number of qualified applications received; the cost/duration of each proposal; the caliber of the proposal as written and presented; and the availability of funds.
+Who Is Eligible To Apply?
Applicants for The Kao Jai Fund must be:
- At least 14 years of age
- Have no criminal record
- Have no record of social or behavioral issues at school or in the applicants community
- Be physically fit to travel and participate in the project proposed (a letter from a physician may be required)
+How Do I Apply?
Click the link here and follow the instructions to be on your way to start your life-changing adventure.
The Kao Jai Fund does not illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, disability or military service in the administration of their policies, programs, and activities.